LUMEN8Anacostia will inaugurate a series of creative spaces in the commercial corridor of Historic Anacostia from noon to midnight Saturday April 14. The corridor will come alive with illuminated storefronts, landmarks and murals. Creative spaces from Good Hope Road up Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue will showcase the works of local fine artists, artisans and creative entrepreneurs. The festival will include performances by visual artists, dancers and actors throughout the day and into the night. While April 14 is the inaugural opening of many of the Arts and Culture Temporiums, many storefronts will continue to operate through May and June.
- I have window drawings at The Hive on 2027 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave
- I will be interacting with the public and giving out badges outside Honfleur Gallery on 1241 Good Hope Road from 2-4pm
- I have a wall drawing at Anacostia Design Center on 1231 Good Hope RD SE
- Drawing on the shutters of Ex Police Evidence Warehouse on 2235 Shannon Pl, SE
- Other drawings over the next two months will appear around Anacostia, as projections, stickers and vinyls
- Wed 25th April 1-3pm & 6-8pm I will hold a card game at The Hive on 2027 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. COME PLAY CARDS, share stories and receive a piece of art!
- Vinyl Drawing- Plane Crash in Anacostia in 1938, door on the empty building beside The Gatepost Center on Good Hope Road